This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for details.
Goodnight, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann is one of our all time favorite books! I love the clever illustrations and the mostly wordless story, which is wonderful for sparking imagination and storytelling in young children. We've been reading it so much lately that we came up with a yummy snack to enjoy during our Goodnight, Gorilla story time, and I've found 5 awesome activities inspired by the book too!
We love to eat these Crunchy Monkey Snacks during our Goodnight, Gorilla story time. They are super easy to make and kids love them! You'll need:
- Peanut Butter (substitute another nut butter or sunflower seed butter if you have allergies)
- Crisped Rice cereal
To make your Crunchy Monkey Snack, slice your banana into small circles. Spread a little peanut butter on each slice. Sprinkle with rice cereal. That's it! Quick, delicious, and healthy.
These snacks are perfect for a Goodnight, Gorilla themed story time, along with one or more of these wonderful Goodnight, Gorilla activities:
1. Matching Eyes Collage Craft - Sunny Day Family for Pre-K Pages
2. Goodnight, Gorilla Storytelling Basket - Little Worlds, Big Adventures
3. Goodnight, Gorilla Built of Lego - Adventure In A Box
4. Goodnight, Gorilla Small Motor Practice with Locks - Kids Activities Blog
5. Make a Felt Gorilla - Wildflower Ramblings
Which of these Goodnight, Gorilla activities is your favorite? Leave a comment below or message me on Facebook and let me know!
Check out what's new: